You deserve a moment to relax and pamper yourself. It's important that you take time out to refuel, whether it's a soak in your favorite fragrance, working out, a weekend with your closest friends, retail therapy or even just silence and a great book. DE-stress and don't feel guilty about it or let anyone else!!! All great leaders know when the time comes to re-focus and recharge when their fuel runs low. Every year goes by and you don't take that vacation or buy yourself something expensive, take off on your birthday or a day off period. Try it once this year and see how much better your week goes and how much more energized and confident you feel with yourself and meeting your deadlines. It's the first work week of the new year...what relaxation method will you add to your week?
Here are a few easy ways to incorporate detoxification into your lifestyle:
1. Take 30 seconds and try a breathing exercise when all you have is 15 minutes to spare.
2. Drink tea! It's a very generous relaxation method and it's healthy for you, so seep seep seep!!! Try a camomile, lavender, hibiscus or jasmine tea over that cup of coffee. The smell alone is satisfying.
3. Indulge in dark chocolate, which relieves stress and lowers blood pressure. This is probably my favorite one 🤗
4. Clean up your desk of clutter or any area that creates stress and frustration. Simple organization and clean surfaces is orderly and calming.
5. Go outdoors and take a breathe of fresh air. Get away from it all with a change of scenery.
6. Look at beautiful photos or visit a museum. Get inspired and educated in one place.
7. Commit to a charitable effort and not just with finances but with your time. What's better than helping others or a cause that's important to you?
8. Take a power nap. Amazing what rest can do for the body. Simply closing your eyes reduces your heart rate.
9. Wear your favorite outfit and look your best. Looking good on the outside stimulates a positive mood.
10. Ask for help when you need it. Don't overcommit. Know your weaknesses and encourage a flexible routine.